A new release package for Maxlab (MaxLab V2021.1.0) has been made available to all users. Due to the latest lockdown it has been nearly 6 months since our last release, so there are a lot of improvements, with a total of 6 new features, 25 improvements and 23 bug fixes.
The complete list can be read in our release notes as usual, but we will call out a few here.
School Composites unleashed.
As promised at the end of 2020, we are releasing irregular grids in MaxLab, now you can change the mundane into the amazing very quickly and easily!! The only limitation is your imagination.
Selective Face Detect
We have made changes to the face detect feature, you now have the ability to send individual images to face detect within a job.
Colour correction granular resets
We have added the ability to reset individual colour controls, giving the user more flexibility.
Reset Colour Corrections for each section in the panel in addition to reset all
Tooltip to help users discover that they can reset with a right-click
We have made several improvements to the QR code workflow:
- Sort by data options in the shootlist.
- Show Data found when manually entering
- The ability to manually update data at import stage.
- Visual progress indicator when rescanning multiple selected images
- Filter unmatched subject images- allows user to focus on the images which need attention
Portal “Build New Order”-
- We have revamped the order builder UI in the portal, giving more people easy access to an order creator.
Photogate / Cloud Digital Delivery
WYSIWYG editors to allow you to configure the email as well as the gallery pages that your users see when downloading their images
New managed Archiving or Moving
Do a managed move using the admin menu in your portal. Select a date range and the managed storage folders from the Admin..Maintenance menu you want to move images between and MaxLab Server will do this in the background
V2021.1.0 Full Release Notes
- MaxLab Installer 2021.1.0.177
- MaxLab Server Installer 2021.1.0.206
- Production Agent Installer 2021.1.0.126
- Microlab Layout Designer Installer 2021.1.0.307
- Web Upload Agent Installer 2021.1.0.42
- MLAB-4942 Archive assets, Move assets from one storage location to another
- MLAB-4909 New Button In edit screen “QUEUE SELECTION FOR FACE DETECT” helps reduce quota usage
- Major New feature – Irregular Grids
- [BETA] MLAB-4906 GPS / User Comment EXIF integration / import
- Support for embedded barcode data (Halsys Barcode scanner attachment)
- Support for User Comment barcode data (Licenced feature allowing direct integration of Scan & Merge functionality)
- MLAB-4098 web portal advanced search (search term builder)
- Photogate digital photo delivery, Template editing tools
- MLAB-4960 photogate email template editor
- — Ability to edit the download page templates and email templates using a WYSIWYG editor
- PTGT-12 – Unique id in email template
- MLAB-4913 digital delivery production batch emails -improvements to how we
- Portal “Build New Order”-
- — MLAB-4415 portal order creator – ability to create orders, enter order detail
- — UI revamp with refresh buttons to make it more efficient
- MLAB-4478-Production Agent – Ability to rename a device Queue
- MLAB-4762 MaxLab Client – Products Screen ability to Edit Group Name
- MLAB-4644- Provide user control to prevent some users from deleting a collection
- MLAB-4412 MicroLab Client – When opening Edit for a ProductionBatch or Order when you close you lose your place
- MLAB-4591 Add Name to External Order failed incident in Portal -previously only had ID
- MLAB-4592 Web Portal – Incidents Page – added “Resolve All” button
- Improve feedback in MaxLab Client – Library Search. Added field names that don’t exist or are not indexed when the user attempts to search on these.
- MLAB-4662 Production Agent – Device – “MAP PRODUCTS” UI rationalisation
- MLAB-4908 Improvements to face-detect usage feedback -shows limit and current usage in Client and Server “About” screens
- MLAB-4626 Client – Reset Colour Corrections for each section in the panel in addition to reset all
- — Tooltip to help users discover that they can reset with a right-click
- MLAB-4796 Portal – Jobs – Manage Shootlist – Sort data display via column header. Note that this does not affect the Sort Order chosen when sending tickets for production.
- MLAB-4953 Order Builder Improvements
- — Lock a product Selection so that it is added to each image when scanned
- — Allow removal of a single product in the selection
- — Add to order using Enter Key
- MLAB-4957 Crop handles in analyzer view are very small (Differ in sizes)
- MLAB-4761 MaxLab Client – Products Page – Ability to rename a Layout Product
- QR Code Import Improvements -NB Licence requires updating
- — MLAB-4884 – QR Job – Manually entering QR code on import let user know if foundManually entering QR code – User feedback if foundLoading/progress info when rescanning multiple QR codes
- — MLAB-4886 – QR Job – Manually input QR code auto input the current QR code
- — MLAB-4887 – QR Job – Manually entering QR code on full screen view can be difficult to view code. Moved manual assigning QR codes into its own window, so it can be moved about. Added checking if the entered data exists in the job when typing in a new QR code. Added progress information for rescanning QR codes. Manually entering QR code does not start with the existing qr code.
- — MLAB-4800 – Filter unmatched subject images- allows user to focus on the images which need attention
- MLAB-4892 – Remember the Group Sort Override options in the send-to-device modal
- MLAB-4896 – Remember the Sort options in the order list
- MLAB-4843 – Added “Priority” to Upload Jobs screens- for both GotPhoto and LabServerAPI uploads
- MLAB-4836 -Image Export Screen – Added Subfolder name (to supplement filename) which can be defined with dynamic data
- MLAB-4679 – Orders screen- remember whether uses was last used Orders view or batch vie
- MLAB-4910 – Removed the ‘x’ button from the edit screen (grid view and analyser view)
- MLAB-4918- removed constraint which does not allow adding new images to existing subject groups unless via a marked job. Preflight warning for duplicate subject groups now only shows for subject groups which already exist and are not empty.
- MLAB-4798 Client – Add date to job production batches
- MLAB-4839 MaxLab Client – Show a warning when hitting Upload but no Asset Products can be made
- MLAB-4342 MicroLab Client Import – Checking Synonym mapping for errors before Starting Import
- MLAB-4430 Production Agent – creating a queue with “&” in name causes cut off
- MLAB-4841-Production Agent – Error when Order Name has “&” and Order Name is used to build create Render Path
- MLAB-4945 “Deactivate License” button in Portal About Page fixed
- MLAB-4943-If I have “Show Faces” checked and I collapse all groups, the face rectangle remain in place
- MLAB-4950 import large shootlist causes empty shoot data grid
- MLAB-4934 Client – when selecting a group by clicking the group bar, cannot change the Star rating
- MLAB-4956 Client – Keyboard Shortcuts not working as expected
- — =/+ and -/_ were used for gallery zoom and crop nudge zoom, so as crop often means holding W already and mouse gallery zoom uses CTRL+Scroll, I’ve changed gallery zoom to be CTRL+[=/+] or [-/_]
- — G was used for Green (same as R and B) with no modifier, shift, and ctrl for the mouse. ‘Create custom group by count’ was already on SHIFT+F so thought simplest to move all grouping controls to F. Now ‘create’ uses SHIFT+F, ‘create by count’ uses CTRL+F and ‘end custom grouping’ is on CTRL+SHIFT+F, to keep the main two as they were on G and the alternative still available, but not having any on F with no modifier to avoid accidental grouping which is quite a big on screen change.
- — Changes on active user systems won’t come into effect unless user resets their Keys in Settings
- MLAB-3875 MicroLab WebApp – Web app should return 404 page on invalid URL
- MLAB-4725 Fixed Error seen when rendering some Layouts. “The stream does not support concurrent IO read or write operations.”
- MLAB-4961 fixed issue where specific sized images with specific crops would cause the incorrect behaviour for Image-In-Crop display
- MLAB-4973 Error when archiving files where filename ends with a space
- MLAB-4930 – Layout product error on client startup when there is a problem with a layout, MaxLab now provides error feedback about the layout but starts successfully.
- MLAB-4931 render to file path trimming -folder name with a space at the end caused error- fixed
- MLAB-4933 render to file path validation
- MLAB-4795 fixed an issue where displayed data under items in edit screen would not update
- MLAB-4847 Portal – Job – add manual data: Fixed issue with Assign Subject Token Modal could not be opened on large image view in QR Import
- MLAB-4672-Client – Order Builder Product text cut off
- MLAB-4925-Previously opened collection name shows when opening Production Batches
- MLAB-4936-Client – Collection created date is sometimes cut off
- MLAB-4762-Client Products : Edit Group Name
- MLAB-4793-Client : ExifDateTime doesn’t show datagrid view -fixed